Fitness Trainer A (English) / Fitness Trainer Level 3 course
Are you ready to kickstart your career as a fitness trainer? Sport & People offers the fully English on-demand Fitness Trainer Level 3 course. The course is fully recognized by the Dutch (NL Actief) and European (EREPS) fitness association.
The online course contains these unique features:
- No fixed deadlines or due dates
- Study at your own pace
- Accessible for everyone
- Course is written by several fitness and health professionals
Why Fitness Trainer Level-3?
One of the starting points of Sport & People is to look closely at what the market needs: what does a client expect from a Fitness Trainer? And how can a fitness trainer deliver quality? When you have finished this online course and passed your tests, you will have a solid, basic knowledge to work as a Fitness Trainer.
No specific prior education or prior knowledge is required. This course (Fitness Trainer on-demand) is set to the (EQF) level 3 standard. EQF level 3 is comparable to the Dutch MBO level 3. The participant must be at least 16 years old at the time of the exam. Mastering the English language and some experience with digital apps is a must.
Content of the training
The course consists of 9 modules. After completing all modules you will have an understanding of the following subjects:
- INTERACTION WITH CLIENTS Who are your clients and how treat them with respect, attention and provide service? This module includes interview techniques.
- BEHAVIOUR CHANGE & CLIENT RETENTION How can you ensure that the client achieves results and can maintain them?
- ANATOMY Learn how the body is built. You must know how the body works.
- EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY In this module, you will gain more knowledge about energy systems and physical fitness.
- NUTRITION Everything you need to know about healthy nutrition.
- TRAINING Learn how to create an effective training programme?
- INSTRUCTION Learn how to give instructions to ensure your clients moves correct and safe!
- HEALTH AND SAFETY Create a safe environment! How can you prevent injuries? More knowledge about warming-up and cooling-down.
In short: during this course you will learn all the knowledge you need to guide and coach customers and help them achieve their goals. Everything you need to become a Fitness Trainer or as future Personal Trainer!
How long does the training take?
The study load is 110 to 200 hours. We would like to advise you to spend time regularly on this course (once a week). If you can keep this up, you will be able to complete the course within a year.
One of the additional obligations is to do an internship (70 hours). During your internship, you have to make several assignments. All assignments together will make a portfolio.
This English course is set by European standards (EREPS). During your course, you also have to follow at least 3 online webinars offered by Sport & People. These will be offered at various times throughout the year. You will receive invitations for the webinars via the student portal of Sport & People.
Requirements to take the exam
To be able to take the practical exam, you have to meet several requirements:
- You must have passed your portfolio (assignments) and internship assignments.
- You have completed the online practice test.
- You must have followed a minimum of 3 live online webinars.
When you meet the above conditions, we will request your official theory exam at EREPS. The theory exam will take place online.
Final exam and diploma
The final exam consists of two parts:
- Theory exam (60 multiple choice questions. The scoring rate of 40 right questions is the minimum to pass the theory exam)
- Practical exam + lesson preparation
When you have passed the exam, you are Fitness Trainer A level 3 certified! Congratulations! Sport & People will arrange registration in the European register of EREPS. This membership has a fee of € 30,- per year. As a gift, we will pay for the first year of your registration.
During the training you will receive the textbook ‘Foundations for Exercise Professionals’. And in your online, personal learning environment you have access to our online study material.
Veel gestelde vragen
Heb je vragen over onze opleidingen? Bekijk dan onze veelgestelde vragen pagina.